Please Note: Special Windows
Check the current system reservations using the 'showres' command. Reservations cause a queue drain on the reserved portion of the machine (often the entire machine), and with most users commonly running the maximum allowed wallclock time of 24 hours, this provides a multiple hour window before the reservation for shorter jobs to run.
- 08:00am - 10:00am MDT Fridays - "Jumbo Fridays" window, reserved weekly for half- and full-system jobs. If there is enough demand, this window may be extended to 12 noon.
- 07:00am - 12:00pm MDT Wednesdays - Announced in advance if required: System Maintenance window
- 10:00am - 12:00pm MDT Fridays - Announced in advance if required: Short system maintenance tasks and special job runs immediately following the Jumbo Fridays
Announcements will be sent out over the email@example.com mailing list, so please subscribe to it.
Compiling and Job Submission
- Compiling: The cross-compile environment on Frost
- Running: Using Cobalt on Frost (cqsub, cqstat, etc.)
- Libraries available on Frost
- Tips for building your own libraries (PETSc, Trilinos, etc.)
- Mapping MPI processes to specific nodes
Debugging and Profiling
- Common Problems
- Debugging: reading core files and monitoring stack and heap usage
- Profiling code with gprof, hpm, and friends
- Common error codes
- NCAR tools: Netcdf, nco, ncarg and ncl