How do I get an account on Frost?
- If you are a NCAR/UCAR employee, contact Rich Loft (firstname.lastname@example.org)
and request a NCAR Frost account.
- If you are a University of Colorado researcher, please contact
Henry Tufo (email@example.com) and request a Frost account.
- If you are a TeraGrid user:
- You first need an allocation that is active on Frost; then
- You need to have an account created on Frost:
- If you are working on an existing PI's grant that has access to Frost,
please request that your PI submit a TeraGrid account request for
Frost for you.
- If you are a PI on an existing TeraGrid grant that has access to
Frost (such as a roaming allocation), please add yourself as a user
- Otherwise, please use the TeraGrid allocations process (POPS) to
request an allocation (such as a Startup Allocation, formerly
referred to as a DAC) on Frost.
Account Creation Procedures
- For NCAR and UCAR Employees:
Once Rich Loft has approved the account, create an ExtraView ticket
for DBST requesting that the user be added to Frost on project
39550000 (NCAR Collaborative Research).
- For University users:
Once Henry Tufo has approved the account, create an ExtraView ticket
For DBST requesting that the user be added to Frost on project
39550100 (CU Boulder Collaborative Research). Some university users
may be added to 39550200 (CU Denver) if they indicate they are a
CU Denver researcher.
- For TG users:
The user or their TeraGrid grant PI must contact the TG Helpdesk
directly. The project and account will be transmitted to NCAR via
the automated AMIE system. No action on part of NCAR is necessary
or even possible. Only NCSA/TeraGrid accounting can create
TeraGrid accounts on Frost.