Rudy had noted that Vmotes at ehs were dropping out. It appears that this is an issue with RF transmission (even from one leg of the darkhorse to the other!). I decided to bypass the whole radio stuff by wiring each of the motes as a serial mote. This involved:
- cabling from each DSM port to the mote console port
- applying the pp=0 command to each mote (after first hitting the white scan button twice to enable the hardwired console)
- changing the config to look at 3 serial ports
All this was done from about 1130 to 1200 today. Now all is well except "ds" only reports data from tty9 (and not tty6&8). This must be caused by my setting all the mode IDs to 0x8000, so data_stats is displaying just the last tty with this ID. The data seem to be okay.
- took photos
- used my GPS to "shoot" boom angles. Got 146degN into the CSAT, 234degN into the 2D.
- GPS station location: 40d 02.940'N, 105d 01.052'W.