HEMCO is the Harmonized Emissions Component. It is being implemented as a component for CESM, for use with CAM, CAM-chem, MUSICAv0, WACCM.
- Presentation by Haipeng Lin at NCAR on 9 Nov 2022: Slides and Video
- Common error -
"Model cam missing file hemco_config_file = '/glade/scratch/hplin/2211_camchem_2.2_ne0korus/run/HEMCO_Config.rc.1'"
- Please make sure to update user_nl_cam's hemco_config_file parameter to point to your own "run" directory in scratch! This is where the HEMCO_Config.rc and HEMCO_Diagn.rc files are downloaded to during the steps in slide 29.
- Sample configuration files are available in https://github.com/jimmielin/HEMCO_CESM_configs/ and you may customize your own HEMCO_Config.rc file to specify emissions, following the slides and the HEMCO User's Guide: https://hemco.readthedocs.io/en/stable/hco-ref-guide/hemco-config.html.
- HEMCO User's Guide: https://hemco.readthedocs.io/
- Reference for HEMCO in CESM: Lin et al., 2021: https://gmd.copernicus.org/articles/14/5487/2021/
- HEMCO Core code: https://github.com/geoschem/HEMCO/
- HEMCO-CESM interface: https://github.com/ESCOMP/HEMCO_CESM