Welcome to the For Contributors - Metadata and Collections wiki for the National Science Digital Library
The National Science Digital Library is made up of information about thousands of high-quality online educational resources. This information comes from users like you, and is organized into metadata records. This wiki is intended to explain this process so that you will know how to submit resource information to the library (whether it's a single educational resource or a collection of them), and how to use the library's metadata in downstream applications.
This wiki is intended to complement, and often redirects to, the For Developers - APIs and Software Products wiki.
The wiki is organized into the following sections:
Contributing to the NSDL: how to have your educational resource or collection of resources disseminated by the library
- Contributing a Resource: how to get your educational resource to appear in the library
- Contributing a Collection: take a proactive role by submitting an entire collection of educational resources
- Lar Concepts: information about the library's newest educational initiative, Learning Application Readiness
- Policies: important documents concerning the scope and aim of the library are found here
Metadata and the NSDL: information about metadata and how it makes up the NSDL
- NSDL Metadata Formats: fact sheets on metadata formats used by the library (lar, nsdl_dc, comm_anno, and comm_para)
- Sharing Metadata: exactly how the NSDL library collects metadata from collection builders
- Using NSDL Metadata: information on how the library publishes its metadata through OAI-PMH for others to access for downstream applications