Note to developers: Search API End of Life
The Search API allows developers to search for resources in the NSDL digital library and build customized search and browse interfaces for a variety of applications. Search queries operate over both the content of the resources and all related metadata including resource-level metadata, annotations, and use data/paradata.
The API is implemented with an instance of the the Digital Discovery System (DDS) repository search server.
The Search API is used to power the NSDL.org web site, NSDL partner sites, and supply resources to a number of other ed-tech applications. The API is the primary access point for resource metadata, annotations, use data/paradata, and collection metadata in the NSDL repository.
See it in Action
The API base URLs is:
- http://nsdl.org/dds-search - Provides normalized search that returns resource metadata in the NSDL_DC metadata format.
User Interfaces implemented with the API:
- For suggestions, questions, and more information, please send your inquiry to NSDL via the contact form
- Search API documentation - Detailed Search API documentation.
- Search API FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions and answers
- Faceted Search - Details about how to perform faceted searches
NSDL Search Client
- Representational state transfer (REST) - Wikipedia article
- A multi-tier architecture for building RESTful Web services - IBM DeveloperWorks article
- Build RESTful Web services and dynamic Web applications with the multi-tier architecture - IBM DeveloperWorks article