Changing a username via the GUI is not currently supported. This is a backend db change.
- Login to merapisql.ucar.edu MySQL instance as root
- Open 'people' database
- Search username table by used_by_id column which is the user's upid
- Update username column in username table with the new username
- Search person table by upid column
- Update email column in person table with new email@example.com
- Touch the users record in People Search by editing and saving it to trigger synchronizer
- Watch for synchronizer errors. However, this procedure has been done without any sync errors arising.