Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

It was a national holiday today, so INEGI was back in Portugal and won't work tomorrow or the weekend as well.  We assume that Samortecnica also was not working today, but don't know their Friday/weekend plans.

Dan helped DTU instrument rnw06 (60m).  Off-and-on rain all day made this an annoying task for them, but they were motivated by wanting to go home tomorrow.  (They said that, living in Denmark, they are accustomed to working in rain.)

I started the day with a drive out to the east energy balance/profiler candidate site.  Access at the site is actually easier than I thought.  However, with trees around (estimated at ca. 11m high), it would be better to have a taller flux tower.  (We realize that ARL just packed 10m towers for these sites.)

I next got a lesson in using the MultiScanner, that we tested at tse09 (the valley 100m tower).  They had a simple method for georeferencing the MS, but used GPS and remote-connect equipment that we don't have.  (Hmmm)  Afterwards, DTU decided that the most time efficient procedure is to scan just a few points on each boom, rather than autoscanning either the entire tower, or even just a measurement level.

While at tse09, we powered it up with the generator.  Per enabled the UDP ports and the DSM saw all of these data.  Unfortunately, it does appear that the top DSM is switched off, since I couldn't see the blue light on the power switch when the power was supposed to be on.  This is on our task list.

Back at ops, (mostly Dan) and I continued to replace fuses – getting close.  I got a lesson on configuring Ubiquitis.  I tested the METEK connection, using the cabling that DTU made.  Found that our DSMs aren't preconfigured for RS422 on these ports, but this is easy to do here as we prep these boxes.  We still don't have the Samortecnica booms for the METEKS or RMYoungs, that I'll have to ask José Carlos about.

The ops center trailer is mostly set up.  It has power (of sorts), and cabled connections to both the ops center ethernet connection (via fiber) and the WiFi access point looking towards the ridge.  There is a desk&chair, Ted's router, a 220V power strip, DTU's data logging computer, and DTU's 13Tb backup disk (unconnected) in the trailer.  As mentioned yesterday, we are awaiting a network technician to arrive Monday (I think I said Fri previously) to diagnose low bandwidth on the fiber.  Also, Per only saw one LED (out of 4) on the Ubiquiti station adaptor when tse13 was powered up, and suspects that the access point antenna will need to be moved.  Finally, Per noted that port 1 on Ted's router appeared to be dead, so he plugged the Ubiquiti WiFi antenna into the port 2.  Strange.

Per has configured all of the access point Ubiquitis and upgraded their firmware to 7.2.4 (since some of the devices were old and he wanted everything to run the same version.  He left most of the 16db station adaptors for us to configure.

rsw03 is mostly prepped, for when INEGI staff return on Monday.