~160 early adopters
RAL & EOL and MM3 are the current adopters
Integrated into WorkDay in June for next year.
Why are we doing this?
- Want to have consistent PE across UCAR.
- Improve feedback
- uniform guidelines for compensation
Only year we will use this form. It will all be moving online.
Professional Development is "baked in" to workday already, so don't need to go above and beyond what you usually do.
- reflect most key activities
- can be about the work itself or how an employee does the work
- help the employee grow within role and/or prepare for new role
- Joint position? → supervisor of record conducts evaluation
- how many competencies to list? → 3 additional (beyond core), need to show growth in this competencies.
- why the 5 point scale → people are moving away from binary scale, allows better differentiation & consistency
- overall rating is not tied to competency ratings
- Ok to use peers and outside from UCAR people for feedback
- don't quote peers
- Smart Goals
- Don't cover everything you do. Should be a subset of what you are doing.
- How much time should we be spending on this?
- 1 hour - goal setting meeting
- 30 minutes - quarterly check-ins
- annual performance evaluation (missed this - 1 hour?)
- Competencies are supposed to be skills you already have or skills you need to improve, or either?
- Use top level competency or sub-categories?
- Make up additional sub-categories competencies?
- Competencies are supposed to be tied to goals, right? Is this also true for core competencies? Example goals for second core competency? (support an ethical, diverse workplace)
- Time period for smart goals? → 1st draft of PE is due this week.