Hi All! Each Tag Up topic will have its own page. Under "Tools", please attach any articles, handouts, or additional materials. Staff can download them from attachments found there or better yet, add a link on the Tag Up page to make it easier for staff.
Thanks to Becca and everyone's input for a great first Tag Up this morning.
Tag Up Schedule and Topics
- Thursday, June 27, Becca Hatheway: Chapter 5: Science Learning in Designed Settings, from Learning Science in Informal Environments: People, Places, and Pursuits
- Wednesday, July 17, Teri Eastburn: Online Learning: The New Media Consortium Horizon Report 2013, K-12 Edition
- Wednesday, July 31, Emily CoBabe-Ammann: The Federal Grants' Landscape (Emily, please edit if this isn't quite right!)
- Friday, August 16, Lisa Gardiner: The Next Generation Science Standards
- Wednesday, Aug 21, Rebecca Haacker-Santos: Broadening Participation through Research Experiences & Mentoring
- Wednesday, August 28, Randy Russell, Gamification and simulations & games for STEM ed
- Wednesday, September 25, Teri Eastburn, Lisa Gardiner, Randy Russell, Overview of UConnect and Spark specific educational "teaching boxes"
- Wednesday Oct 9, 2013, Lisa Gardiner, Citizen Science
- Wednesday, Dec. 18, 2013, Teri Eastburn and Sharon Clark, UConnect Website
Miscellaneous (other items)
Miscellaneous notes for Maker Convention to be help 10/5 (Teri, Eileen, Lisa, Randy and whomever else is interested)
Change the Equation - a new(ish) "nonprofit, nonpartisan, CEO-led initiative that is mobilizing the business community to improve the quality of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) learning in the United States." A new possible collaboration? Regardless of funding opportunities, they compile a lot of the most recent statistics on STEM education with their "STEMtistics."