WAG FEB 9, 2017
- New Co-chair Vote (to replace David Vance): 5-10 minutes
- Carl Drews Presentation: How FISMA will affect your web site (30 minutes with Q&A).
- Redefine the WAG, its direction, focus,and future.
- Suggestions from Jan meeting included:
- Merge WAG and UDUG?
- Discontinue one or other? However WAG is an official group, while UDUG is not.
- Regarding WAG monthly meetings, suggestions of how often to hold meetings:
- Continue to hold monthly meetings as is, or
- Attend the Modernization Web Sprints in place of WAG meetings while the sprints are
in process, or
- Hold WAG meetings every other month.
- Reminder of WAG Purpose & Goals
Develop policies and strategies, recommend technologies and coordinate existing expertise and infrastructure related to UCAR’s use of the WWW. The scope of the committee covers a broad range of web-specific aspects of UCAR’s IT and includes hardware, software, design, and maintenance.
- Carl Drews is selected WAG Co-Chair for the next year.
WAG decided by consensus:
- BJ Smith will follow up with Aaron Anderson to determine the status of the Proposed Google Sites Guidelines that the WAG approved, thought to be early 2016 or late 2015; and report back to the WAG no later than our next meeting.
- Carl will send out presentation pdf.
- All members please send Carl Drews and Terri Hamner your ideas for future presentations including presentations you would like to give.