The old wiki is on the sdg server (click here). Pages are slowly being migrated from it to this wiki. Please add new pages to this wiki, and not the sdg one. Contact email@example.com if you have questions about using the IFI space on the UCAR wiki.
Statement of Purpose
|title||Click here to read more about what we use the wiki for....|
The wiki for Inflight Icing has several roles.
- Internal Documentation & Tracking - Progress on tasks should be documented on the wiki. This allows other group members to see what work has been done, what problems have arisen. This should also facilitate hand-off of tasks when necessary. This also helps us keep things from falling through the cracks, by having a single repository for knowledge.
- Collaboration - By providing a page that anyone on IFI can edit, it allows users to easily contribute to a common task.
- Document Repository - Papers, heuristics, meeting notes, plots, and other information can be put here for easy reference.
|title||Click here to read more about the structure of the wiki...|
The IFI wiki is broadly organized at the top level. Each project has it's own area as do some non-project subjects. Under each top-level area there are some common pages:
- task list - A table of every task that we want to devote substantial effort to achieving. Similar to the current CIP/FIP upgrades table.
- nascent topics - A list of topics to further investigate, things we don't have time to look at now, but don't want to forget to address at some point.
- notes - Whenever we are working on something and want to track progress, info, etc.
- (Projects only) Change Log / Release Log
Areas like Science or Engineering are not meant to restrict who participates in those sections of the wiki, but are only for organizational purposes.
- Administration / Management - Do we need/want a space for these issues? Or maybe just put them into Miscellaneous for now until we see if they need their own space.
- Miscellaneous - Icing Lunches, TIMS/IFI Tools Workshop, and other things that don't fit into a more specific
Should we be using labels? Which labels? Labels allows us to break the strict hierarchical structure of the wiki. Here are some possible suggested labels:
- <more to come>
NOTE: The top level page is public. If you create a child of the top level page, it will also be public (unless you add restrictions). Please place all internal pages under the 'Internal Branch' which is a child of the top page.