- Ditch old configure system
- Ditch MPIV1 support (20 years old!)
- DItch old compiler back-compatibility (Fortran 2003 compatibility checks, for example)
- pgf90/gcc combo. Combining two different compiler types is asking for trouble.
- Perhaps ditch/combine some other config options as well? Linux options are out of control still
- Rename AO, OI to OMA, OMB appropriately
- Change namelist sections to be descriptive? Would be easy to make a script to convert old namelists too.
- Make analysis_type = “3D-VAR” into "ASSIMILATION" or something similar...currently you need to use analysis_type = “3D-VAR” even for 4DVAR and hybrid.
- Add headers to columns in statistics and diagnostics files
Mike's changes in red