Integrated into WorkDay in June for next year.
Why are we doing this?
- Want to have consistent PE across UCAR.
- Improve feedback
- uniform guidelines for compensation
Professional Development is "baked in" to workday already, so don't need to go above and beyond what you usually do.
- reflect most key activities
- can be about the work itself or how an employee does the work
- help the employee grow within role and/or prepare for new role
- Joint position? → supervisor of record conducts evaluation
- how many competencies to list? → 3 additional (beyond core), need to show growth in this competencies.
- why the 5 point scale → people are moving away from binary scale, allows better differentiation & consistency
- overall rating is not tied to competency ratings
- Ok to use peers and outside from UCAR people for feedback
- don't quote peers
- Smart Goals
- Don't cover everything you do. Should be a subset of what you are doing.
- How much time should we be spending on this?
- 1 hour - goal setting meeting
- 30 minutes - quarterly check-ins
- annual performance evaluation (missed this - 1 hour?)
- Competencies are supposed to be skills you already have or skills you need to improve, or either?
- Use top level competency or sub-categories?
- Make up additional sub-categories competencies?
- Competencies are supposed to be tied to goals, right? Is this also true for core competencies? Example goals for second core competency? (support an ethical, diverse workplace)
- Time period for smart goals? → 1st draft of PE is due this week.