The LTR code base ships with several possible model couplings:
- CMIT: Coupled Magnetosphere-Ionosphere-Thermosphere, comprised of LFM, MIX, TIEGCM
- LFM-MIX-RCM (aka "LFM-RCM" or "LR")
There are four main steps to work with any of these coupled models:
- Compile – documentation can be found on the installation page.
- Configure model run using MakeItSo and prepare a Solar Wind file using pyLTR.
- Compute – execute the job scripts generated by MakeItSo.
- Visualize using your favorite post-processing tool.