Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Checked sensor time series since Jul 20 2021

  • NCharts stopped reporting 2 August 16:12:30
  • DSM dashboard stopped reporting 2 August 22:30:40


QC Notes

  • There is a data gap 23-24 July. Data from a number of sensors spike downward before disappearing. These need to be filtered.  
  • Heavy rains July 30-31


  • TRH - ok
  • P - ok
  • Pirga 
    • Pirga.7m is offset from P.7m by +6mb (Pirga higher).
    • Pirga.27m measures too high. Pirga.27m > Pirga.17m.
  • Tirga
    • Tmote measures wildly divergent values compared to all T measurements
  • Radiometer - ok
    • Rpile.in [-150, 0], Rpile.out [-25, 125] W/m2
      • QC Note: Rpile.out - Filter spike at 30 July, 14:12:30
    • Rsw.in [-7, 1200], Rsw.out [-1, 225] W/m2
    • Tcase - ok
    • Wetness - ok
  • Soils
    • Gsoil - ok [-39, 55]W/m2 
    • Lamdasoil 
      • QC Note - Discontinuity after data gap on 24 July - values double from 0.2 W/m to 0.45.
    • Qsoil 
      • QC Note - Same as Lamdasoil - values jump from near zero to 0.1 %Vol
    • Tau63 - ok overall
      • QC Note - Same as Lamdasoil - there is a discontinuity after data gap.
    • Tsoil - ok overall
      • QC Note - spikes at all levels July 26 - Aug 2. 
  • Sonic - ok 
  • co2/h2o
    • 27m Back online
    • QC Notes
      • A few h2o/co2 spikes July 21-25 to filter that may not get captured by the wetness sensor. 
      • Persistent bias: co2.7m > co2.27m > co2.17m
    • Tcase - ok
  • Batteries
    • Vheat - ok
    • iload - ok. [1.85 - 2] A
    • icharge - ok. [-.175 to 0.014] A
    • Vbatt - ok
    • l3mote - ok. ~ 50 mA (minus spikes).
    • lmote - ok ~15 mA (minus spikes).
    • Vcharge - ~27.9 V
  • Rfan - ok [5400 - 5650] rpm



1 Comment

  1. dsm was online so I logged in to see what was up. The dsm process wasn't running, so I started it again. Looked at the nidas logs but didn't see any errors that look related, just the gap in messages while nidas wasn't running. dsp showed that only a couple sensors were reporting, so I tried pio -v to see if the ports were powered off, which (of course) instead just took the dsm off the net. Went out to Marshall, rebooted the dsm, verified that we were getting data from all sensors and that the dsm could reach the outside internet. Now that I'm back at Foothills I still can't access the dsm from here, so I'll probably go back out to Marshall to see if it's off the net again or if it's just something about getting to the dsm from the ucar network.