Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Today I reviewed cockpit and learned that sensors which have not reported for a while get dropped from qctables, so now we have an expanded list of problem sensors. Isabel went through all of them and diagnosed whether they were reporting or not, and cycled power on each of them, which fixed just one: the LICOR on v04.

Sonics and gas analyzers

tse07 10m recovery short-lived

After coming back for several hours yesterday, this sonic has been logging only bad samples. It looks like the best option is to replace it.

rsw02x 20m

RMYoung on port 3 is not reporting. Also dropped from QC table. It's last sample was May 24 22:50 UTC.

rsw07 20m LICOR

Per Steve's comment below, this and the rsw01 missing data are because these are the ARL LICORs which have not been installed yet.

rsw01 20m LICOR

LiCOR on port 5, power cycled, still no data. There have been no samples from it for all of May, and none when it started recording in March. As it turned out, this is one of the LiCORs yet to be installed.

v04 10m LiCOR

It was down for a while. Isabel cycled power on it, working now.

TRH

tse04 60m

The 60m.tse04 TRH was dropped from QC table, so at first I thought it had recovered. It is still not responding, so it needs to be replaced.

tse11 2m

Cycled power, still no data, replace.

tse11 60m

Cycled power, still no data, will have to ask INEGI to replace it.

Power problems

No changes. tse05 still going down in the early morning, just need to visit and adjust the solar panel.

Motes

tse02 Vheat and lambdasoil

Vheat missing from 5/29 11:45 to 14:47. It looks like it exceeded the max limit of 1.3 for it's 3-hourly sample updated at 11:45. Is anything about 1.3 really invalid? Or does the max in the configuration need to be increased for Vheat?

tnw08 Vdsm

Voltage mote is dead, not responding even after a power cycle. We can replace it.

Other issues

I modified the perdigao.cdl so it contains all the variables expected in the 5-minute statistics output, in the hopes qctables would show missing values for sensors which are no longer reporting.  However, that doesn't quite work yet, and I just realized it will interfere with the high-rate CDL, so more work is needed on that idea...

I configured the eddy audio output for HDMI for the teleconference today, details in another blog.

 

 

  • No labels

2 Comments

  1. We ran out of Vdsm motes, so I think one doesn't exist for tnw08.  Sorry that wasn't conveyed to the current operations crew.

    I don't understand why Vheat is >1.3V, but the sensor should work up to 2V.  I've changed this limit.  P.S. It is reading 3.2767V, which clearly is a missing value flag.  Thus my minor change from 1.3 to 1.4V didn't help.  Indeed, this is supposed to be the output of a 1.25V voltage regulator, so anything higher is suspicious.  Usually, a missing value indicates a connection issue – you might want to reseat the connectors (both to the sensor and to the mote on the wisard module).

    Yes, rsw01 and rsw07 LiCors are the ones coming from ARL, that still haven't arrived.

    I agree about replacing tse07.10m.

    You don't have another K&Z pyrgeometer.  (We only have 4 sets and Semmer wants to reserve one set in the cal lab as a transfer standard.)  An interesting idea to replace with an entire NR01.  If possible, I'd try to run both by plugging wetness into the NR01 (as usual), then plugging the NR01 into the mote port that the wetness sensor was using.  You'd have to rig up a mount to work with the darkhorse – perhaps one of the large C-clamps that I have in a tub under the yellow table would help?  Of course, the configuration would be odd, with a second set of Rxx, etc. values, but you can work that out.

     

  2. As for tse07.10m, this should be a CSAT3.  These heads mount onto one of the small C-clamps using a Z-plate (for lack of a better term).  There are lots of extra clamps in the 2 tubs underneath the yellow table.  Above them on top of the yellow table is a cardboard box that has a plastic ziplock bag with the extra hardware of this type, which should include the Z-plates.  (There may be one plate out of aluminum in the mix that should be tossed – just use the nice steel ones.)  You also need a thread adaptor that hopefully is either already in the CSAT3 head or else also in this plastic bag.  It is <possible> that I already prepped these heads with a clamp, but I doubt it.

    Of course, you could just pull the old head down and swap all the mounting hardware from it.  I just suggest the above so you can save a bit of time on the tower by prepping in the ops center.